LEGO Ideas JAWS 21350 New Release Review Brick Banter - 2024 July

New LEGO Ideas JAWS set just announced

After passing the LEGO Ideas selection process, the LEGO Ideas JAWS has a release date. A LEGO version of the scene from the 1975 film is due to his the shelves in August.

In collaboration with Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment, the 1497 piece set features characters Martin Brody, Matt Hooper and Sam Quint as minifigures, aboard the Orca boat. Of course, the giant shark is popping out of the water to get them.

The set was originally conceived by LEGO fan Johnny Campbell, via the LEGO Ideas community platform.

It features a removable cabin of the boat, an adjustable boom and rigging, plus lots of recognisable accessories. Such as a revolver, compass, fishing rod, harpoon, spear, and the yellow barrels that were pivotal to the movie plot.

The set can either be placed on a brick-built seawater base with the JAWS LEGO shark model attacking the Orca boat.

Also attached is a printed tile with Chief Brody’s famous line (“You’re gonna need a bigger boat”) to the base to complete this nostalgic and playful centrepiece. Alternatively, the Shark can be displayed separately from the boat, on its own stand.

From the Fan Designer

Speaking about how he approached the design for the set, fan designer Johnny Campbell, reveals: “JAWS is my favourite movie of all-time. So I really wanted to recreate it in LEGO bricks. LEGO building has always been a part of my life in some shape or form but in order to get all of the finer details.

I actually freeze-framed JAWS as I watched it so that I could catch a glimpse of the finer details taking notes as I went along. It is just mind-blowing that my design is now an official LEGO set. I can’t wait to stand in a LEGO shop looking at the shelves and seeing a set that I have been involved with and watching someone buying it. It’s every LEGO fan’s dream!”

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

BrickBanter.com is a recognized LEGO® Fan Media account.

Review sets are supplied by the LEGO group.

Tags: