LEGO Masters Australia Season 7 2025

LEGO Masters Australia Will Be Back!

You might assume LEGO Masters Australia is now just a staple of Australian TV each year, but it’s not always guaranteed. Usually before the official series announcements you’ll see casting calls for auditions, with casting producers sliding into your DM’s to round up applications.

But, as of today, there have been no casting calls. No word of auditions. So what’s happening?

Well, it looks like there will be a season. I spotted this application on LinkedIn by EndemoleShine looking for crew. It’s searching for people available between 16th of September and 6th of December 2024. The usual time LEGO Masters films each year.

It also tells us that for the forth year in a row, it will be filmed in Sydney. Where host Hamish Blake now lives since moving from Melbourne after Season 3.

LEGO Masters Australia Season 7 2025

Auditions

So where are the LEGO Masters Australia Season 7 audition?

I have a few theories based on previous years and EndemolShine’s structure with these types of shows.

Theory 1: After so many years of auditions, no doubt by now they have a laundry list of talent they could consider. Auditions have previously been held all around Australia, and I do know they see a lot of the same faces each year. In saying this, I’m sure they would also be wanting people haven’t been as keen to get on. Some fresh meat so to speak… I just don’t think they would walk it in and use former applications.

Theory 2: Season 5, LEGO Masters Australia Grand Masters is the only season we have seen before where there have been no auditions. Even last year with LEGO Masters Australia Vs. The World, there were casting calls. From memory, they were run very late in the year, some what close to the production time.

But with the job application above starting on the 16th of September, that point has definitely past. So, could it mean former contestants are once again being used?

It feels far too soon, but in season 12 of MasterChef Australia, they had a ‘Back to win’ series. This was made up of former high-achieving contestants from previous seasons, returning for another chance at the title.

They were made up of contestants ranging from 2nd place to 11th in their respective series. MasterChef has 24 contestants each series, so a little better than half way was enough to get you included. Sorry Sam from Season 6, I don’t think you’ll be getting the call.

Theory 3: They are using purely LEGO Masters International contestants. I can’t see this happening, but boy would it upset a lot of people!

Hosts

There is absolutely no word if Hamish Blake will be returning for a 7th season. There were rumours floating around after last season that he might step down and Sophie Monk may take over. But we’ll have to wait and see. As for Brickman, I can only assume that he would return without a doubt. At least I would hope so!

Season Length

Based on the crew application above, it looks like it could be a shorter season. In the first few seasons of LEGO Masters, filming duration was a full 3 months. This seems to have been reduced. We may end up with around the same amount of episodes, but they could reduce filming duration by removing the mini-challenges, and reducing the build time for each challenge.

What ever happens, hopefully we see a group of fresh new faces who will share their building talents with Australian audiences!

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

BrickBanter.com is a recognized LEGO® Fan Media account.

Review sets are supplied by the LEGO group.

Tags: