LEGO Friends River Camping Adventure 40694 New Release Review Brick Banter - 2024 October

A cute little LEGO Friends Gift with Purchase this week

The LEGO Friends River Camping Adventure is a set money can’t buy! Kind of… It’s a gift with purchase coming this week!

LEGO Friends River Camping Adventure 40694 New Release Review Brick Banter - 2024 October

The Camping Tent

The main highlight of the set is the camping tent, with its own striking orange setting it apart from the diorama. I love the authentic camping look that this set gives off; much better camping representation than the sleeping log cabins released. The space is snug, but fits both campers inside side-by-side even when entirely closed up. It’s a perfect re-enactment of my own camping experiences in a tent, and I really, really like this.

Around the Park

Around the camping grounds we are given many small builds to complement; a river, tree build, flag post and firepit. Most of these types of build encompass the same techniques used in the LEGO Friends wave recently released, but great to see them again.

Campers have the option roast smores, raise the flagpost, identify mushrooms and even find insects scattered around,  reflecting the different badges that can be earned within the theme.  The mushroom toppers in tan also appear here twice, which is currently only available in one set with one part. Bonus.

LEGO Friends Minifigures

Although our figures for this set are non-exclusive, Nova and Paisley are some of my personal favourite characters from the LEGO Friends lineup, so I’m biased here. I love both of these characters, and giving us beaver for the set is a victory to boot.

LEGO Friends River Camping Adventure 40694 New Release Review Brick Banter - 2024 October

Verdict

This little Gift-With-Purchase is an amazing complementary set to join on to the heavy adventure-rich theme of this year.

Although not sporting anything too crazily new, the build is so good in its own right that I think it should have been a set to begin with.

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

BrickBanter.com is a recognized LEGO® Fan Media account.

Review sets are supplied by the LEGO group.

Tags: