LEGO Wicked Glinda Elphaba Dormitory 75683 New Release Review Brick Banter

A LEGO Wicked lockbox of fun!

Giving us the opportunity to look at a medium range LEGO Wicked playset, will the Wicked Glinda and Elphaba’s Dormitory be a middle of the ground set? Will it sink or soar? Read on!

LEGO Wicked Glinda Elphaba Dormitory 75683 New Release Review Brick Banter

The Room

The inside of the set gives us no short supply of accessories to play with. With both Glinda and Elphaba‘s bed, numerous boxes, make up, new moulded roses, perfume and cakes, there is a lot to see. The far back wall gives us light toned walls with rose decals, windows and decorative lights to tie it all together. It also gives us a locking mechanism, allowing the box to be locked up when closed, but isn’t as nice to see when opened.

There is a lot to play and re-enact the film with, plus a QR code to allow the song ‘Popular’ to play when playing around in the scene.

Closed Up

A big feature of the room is it’s ability to clean up nicely and fold away. When closed up, the room becomes a trunk for Glinda, but with perfume, a rose and makeup powder. The Powder box also doubles as storage for the loose items and alternate outfits. I’m a big fan of an easy clean up, and the face it’s still aesthetically pleasing is a bonus.

Figures

Elphaba comes with two figures in the set; a pyjama version and generic Elphaba version. Both of these version are exclusive to the set, like all the figures in the Wicked lineup. Both versions of the minifigures are insanely detailed, but I’m in particular a big fan of Elphaba’s black dress. The whites and greys really give a lot of character, and I love those new hair pieces.

Glinda comes with two outfits the same, pyjama and a generic version. I do like both of these figures, but they do pale compared to Elphaba. I do think her pyjama version could almost be used as another generic outfit too!

Verdict

The set is a nice middle ground to choose for fans of Wicked.

It gives us the opportunity to get Elphaba’s Witch outfit in a cheaper set, as well as different outfits to encourage playability. I’m also a big fan of the aesthetic that it has when all closed up, being a nice simple shelf ornament.

If this is a set that interests you, I would recommend that you go for it. It is much more aimed at kids to play with more than adults, and I know my kids will love it.

See our reviews for other sets from this theme:

75681 – LEGO® Wicked Glinda, Elphaba & Nessarose at Shiz University

75682 – LEGO® Wicked Elphaba & Glinda Figures

75683 – LEGO® Wicked Glinda & Elphaba’s Dormitory

75684 – LEGO® Wicked Welcome to Emerald City

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

BrickBanter.com is a recognized LEGO® Fan Media account.

Review sets are supplied by the LEGO group.

Tags: