LEGO Over the Moon Pharrell Williams 10391 New Release Review Brick Banter - 2024 September

Pharrell Williams and LEGO embark on a shared mission to inspire everyone!

Visionary artist and designer Pharrell Williams has teamed up with the LEGO group, with a mission to inspire, and you can pre-order it now!

The LEGO Group has announced an exciting new partnership with visionary artist and designer Pharrell Williams. This collaboration aims to inspire everyone to tap into their creativity and explore their full potential through LEGO Play.

As part of this announcement, a new LEGO set, created with Pharrell, is being released. The set, named Over the Moon, features a space shuttle with a striking golden canopy and a colorful jet stream. For Pharrell, the vastness of space was a major source of inspiration, demonstrating that there are no boundaries to what we can discover.

Pharrell emphasizes that curiosity and creativity are vital forces within us and credits these qualities as key to his achievements. The LEGO Group is excited to work with Pharrell to encourage people of all ages to use play and building as a way to share their stories.

Pharrell Says

“Growing up, I was obsessed with space and the infinite possibilities it represents,” said Pharrell. “This partnership aims to inspire creativity and inclusivity. With my LEGO Over the Moon set I want everyone to feel seen and empowered to imagine their own stories. The spaceship is blasting off, and you’re in the pilot seat.”

The Over the Moon set boasts three distinct elements, each holding special meaning for Pharrell. First, the black-and-gold shuttle signifies limitless potential, symbolising the freedom to explore any destination your imagination can dream up. Next, the vibrant jet stream embodies the power of creativity, imagination, and the joy of play.

Moreover, in line with Pharrell’s commitment to inclusivity, the set features the broadest range of minifigure skin tones ever seen in a LEGO product, incorporating seven different tones. It includes 51 minifigure heads, with over 30 of these being custom-designed specifically for this set.

Additionally, the set introduces several unique colour combinations, such as a custom-made windscreen canopy in drum-lacquered gold, a first for LEGO.

The LEGO Group Says

“Our values for over 90 years have been rooted in creativity, curiosity and imagination. Pharrell is unique in his ability to draw on those qualities to influence his art. A true icon of our time, he never fails to innovate and inspire his audience, through any of his many endeavours” said Julia Goldin, Chief Marketing and Product Officer from the LEGO Group. “Through our partnership, we want to inspire people of all ages to unlock their own limitless potential through LEGO® Play. This is a shared mission, and we’re excited to take off today.”

YELLOW

Pharrell’s collaboration with the LEGO Group will also support his non-profit foundation, YELLOW, which works to level the playing field for children through education. This partnership will introduce the LEGO Build the Change global challenge, aimed at sparking more creative play among kids worldwide.

The launch of Over the Moon precedes the release of Focus Features’ PIECE BY PIECE, hitting US theatres on 11 October and international screens from 6 November. Directed by Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Morgan Neville and featuring new original music by Pharrell, PIECE BY PIECE offers a dynamic cinematic experience. The film takes audiences on a vibrant journey through Pharrell Williams’ world, blending genres and expectations to create a LEGO® universe where anything is possible.

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

BrickBanter.com is a recognized LEGO® Fan Media account.

Review sets are supplied by the LEGO group.

Tags: