LEGO Fortnite Battle Bus 77073 New Release Review Brick Banter - 2024 September

Fortnite Battle Bus dropping to a LEGO Store near you!

The core of Fortnite’s inception, the most iconic vehicle and staple of gameplay. The LEGO Fortnite Battle Bus is the thing that all Fortnite and LEGO Fortnite fans have yearned for. So how does it all hold up? Is this a set that would fly into the top spot of sets of the year? Or is it better off dropping off the face of the earth?

LEGO Fortnite Battle Bus 77073 New Release Review Brick Banter - 2024 September

Around the LEGO Fortnite Battle Bus

The LEGO Fortnite Battle Bus is actually one of the best bus builds I’ve seen from a while from LEGO, so huge props to the designers here! There are many stickers across the build to help bring it together, but it’s also the addition of pipes and lights everywhere that make it feel very authentic.

There is enough space inside the Battle Bus to comfortably fit all the Fortnite Minifigures of the set inside, which is almost a must at this point. LEGO have also opted for lots doors to eject figures from too. There isn’t anything here that I see that I don’t like.

The LEGO Fortnite Battle Bus Roof and Balloon

The top part of  the Battle Bus gives us an easily removable roof and large balloon. Each of the four arms that grip the bus easily move up and don’t easily break up when placing it down a surface. Thanks LEGO, I appreciate this!

The balloon is made up of elements from the LEGO Trolls line, which works perfectly here. I do also like the reintroduction of the Nezha fire from Monkie Kid. Not something I expected in this build.

LEGO Fortnite Minifigures

Meowscles – Meowscles is a big-bodied-small-headed character from the game, but part of me feels like something is off. If it were not for the other figures, his tiny head size wouldn’t be as obvious to me. It might have been better to make a more comically large head here instead, but still good nonetheless.

Adventure Peely – Sporting an entirely new mould and printing, Peely’s adventure gear here looks great. With such an investment on a new mould, makes me wonder if he could get a future version?

Cuddle Team Leader – The Cuddle Team Leader is another figure with new moulding, as she sports a new head/mask. Even as a light Fortnite player, this character is recognizable to me, and a good addition.

Battalion Brawler – The Battalion Brawler is one of the more ‘generic’ figures of the cast, but also one of the most detailed. Big fan of the dual moulded arms here.

Brite Bomber – Brite Bomber has been the mascot of LEGO Fortnite since the games inception, but been around Fortnite since almost the start. She is missing her iconic sunglasses on her head, but otherwise I’m happy to have her. She feels essential at this point.

Drift – Drift is the only character to have alternate headwear, removing the mask and giving him a new blonde mohawk element. His outfit is really brought together by the mask, and looks bare without it. Huge new mould here too.

Cube Assassin – Although sporting lots more purple than her avatar would normally have, Cube Assassin is alive with colour. Her headpiece and her hood are a good choice here, but I wish there was something on her arms to break up the amount of purple.

Trespasser Elite – The Trespasser figure uses pre-existing elements to try and make up the figure. Although not accurate, this is the best mix of parts I can envision with the existing part selection. Probably my least liked figure here, but wicked cool for Space MOCs.

Raven – Raven is probably my favourite character out of the line-up, sporting a new moulded hood and collar combo. It has many medieval applications, and the translation to Minifigure is fantastic.

Verdict

This is the pinnacle of LEGO Fortnite sets, and the cherry on top for fans.

There isn’t anything about this set that I dislike. The price point for 9 new figures, five new moulds, and a game accurate Battle Bus is insane.

This is perfect!

Also see our review for the other LEGO Fortnite sets

77072 LEGO Fortnite Peely Bone

77073 LEGO Fortnite Battle Bus

77070 LEGO Fortnite Durrr Burger

77071 LEGO Fortnite Supply Llama

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

BrickBanter.com is a recognized LEGO® Fan Media account.

Review sets are supplied by the LEGO group.

Tags: